Choose your champion and begin your quest to slay the Evil Minotaur
Cardinal Quest is an arcade-style dungeon crawler inspired by 80s classics such as Gauntlet, Red-Box D&D and Golden Axe.
Three distinct characters await you, each providing their own unique experience
* The fierce Fighter, who can stir himself into a berserk frenzy.
* The stealthy Thief, a mysterious assassin who dispatches his foes from the shadows.
* The mystical Wizard, able to bend the forces of the elements to his will.
No matter your choice, you'll never feel like you're playing the same game twice
Random levels, tons of loot and items to discover and an array of diverse enemies, each with their own ways of bringing your journey to an abrupt and painful end.
Even before the event was over, we knew we had to carry this project onward and upward. Nearly eight more months of work over evenings and weekends (roughly two man-months of full-time work) resulted in an even richer and more entertaining game.
It still isn't enough to make us feel like our goal had been reached and there is too much potential to stop now
We want to take this game to the next level - if funded, we will be able to work full time (we live cheaply) to finish Cardinal Quest, and we need your help. We need the funds to give it all of our attention and achieve every bit of the potential we and others see, as well as to pay for contracting out more graphics, sound-effects and music.
Our short term plan is to port the game to flash, polish all the rough edges, add the missing features and sell it to game-portals at FlashGameLicense.com
Once the flash version is sold we will use the funds from the sale to develop desktop and mobile versions.
Here are a few quotes from some of the over 15,000 people who played the prototype:
* "Lovely stuff well done" meatfeast
* "Wow I'm blown away by this amazing web-based roguelike" Chris Kaitila
* "Argh, I just lost 45 minutes with no return, damn you :) And this excellent lo-fi music!" wazoox
* "Fuck you i'm tryin to get some work done here." semarj
* "It looks like an excellent professional game. I was actually shocked to see it is coming to the browser." Jeff Lait
* "Wow, just spent way too much time playing cardinal quest, time to get out of bed." Larry Gadea
* "The 15 minutes or so I had to play earlier today I enjoyed very much, so just wanted to post a comment of encouragement to the developers. This looks like a great start." strifeless
* "Oh man...it's a little cruel to post something like this on a Monday morning when I can't play it! Excellent work, though. I love rogue-likes and this one looks like fun." lucaDuval
* "This is awesome! Why do all the good reddits come in when I'm working?" mtx
* "Pretty damn cool. Surprisingly addicting considering how simple it is. I especially like the way you guys handled vision...Very nice concept, well executed." phleet
* "LOVE IT!" chamakits
* "Really good. Bring me back some memories." wakahero
* "I love it." verifex
* "That was enjoyable. Lovin' me my dungeon crawlers." OnionFily
* "Awesome! Love the old-skool scene music by 4mat." elblanco
* "The dungeons are randomly generated so there is good replayability if you are a fan of dungeon grinds...Which, at least, I am. Very Telengard, albeit much simpler." Chip Hageman